Product ID for windows machine is a alphanumeric code calculated using the combination of the product key. So you can check out your product key by right clicking on your My Computer and choosing Properties. Now at last you will see that your windows is activated and your Product Key would be mentioned. Now what if you wanna alter or change your Windows Product ID to something else or maybe your own name.
Well this is possible by tweaking out some keys in your registry editor called Regedit. So this can be done in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
So this what your Product ID would look like when you will right click and see it in My Computer. Now if you want to see how you can change your Product ID just follow below steps and you will be easily making your name as your personal product ID.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 ::
- Open Run by pressing
Ctrl+ Rand type down
SLUI 3and press enter.
- Now follow all the screen instructions mentioned to change your product ID.
For Windows XP ::
- Open Run
Ctrl+ Rand type
Regeditto open registry editor.
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents.
- Now on right hand side locate OOBETimer and double click on it to modify.
- Now change atleast one entry in the Value data text box and click OK.
- Now again open Run and enter below command.
- Now you will see a popup dialog asking you to Activate your Windows.
- Choose Yes option and choose telephone a customer service representative and click Next.
- Now you will see a option to change your Windows Product ID, type a new valid Windows product ID.
Now your Windows Product ID will be changed to what ever your have typed down, have fun and do pass comments if you face any problems.