Windows Live writer is a very popular blogging software used by many professional blogger. Its customizations, plugins and many daily used features makes it the best and free blogging software from Microsoft. Now as you do lot of blogging from one software you normally capture and store data on one computer, which can be dangerous if you get any outer damage to that computer you might loose all the data or if any case you wanna migrate or duplicate the data on another computer this post will help you out.
I just bought a new Dell Xps15 Laptop and I am really impressed by its design and i5 Processor so I was really confused on how to transfer Windows Live Writer data from older i3 Computer to this new one laptop as I had many automatic linking stuff and much more I just needed the best all in one utility to backup everything from plugins to settings so I came across Windows Live Writer Backup Utility. So follow the below steps to get to know how to backup and restore your Live Writer’s Data.
Backup Posts & Settings for Windows Live Writer
Now using this free utility you can easily backup your settings, plugins you might have installed in your windows live writer and even the drafts and recent posts, so its actually an overall backup for your Windows Live Writer.
- Download Windows Live Writer Backup Tool. (Make sure you have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed on your system for this tool to work).
- Now install the tool, it will take only few seconds.
- After the installation is done, you will see the icon on the desktop.
- Just right click on that icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now you will see the tool something like on the right.
- Now just choose the things you would like to backup.
- Now press the Backup button on the tool and enter the file name and choose the location where you would like to save the backup file.
- Now your backup will be created, so just wait for few seconds or minutes depending on the size of your settings and posts.
So now your backup will be created and you can save that backup file in some other drive or place where it could be safe. Now anytime you face some problems and you wish to restore the settings, simply open the tool as an Administrator and then press Restore option and then choose your file, your settings will be restored.