Facebook recently introduced another awesome update to users profile by which you can upload video as your profile picture. This has been done to Celebrate Pride and you can now actually celebrate the way you want to by displaying your 7 seconds video clip as your Facebook profile picture. Yes the limit is 7 seconds long video but that should be enough to show your cranky mood.
So as you can see above .GIF image how users are uploading some of the most awesome videos to show their profile in a unique way.
Now there is still a small problem, first this feature is currently available to iOS users only, yes so if you on Android or Web you won’t be able to upload videos to your account, second this feature is not available to everyone but some special people are getting it automatically, but the best thing is that it will be visible to everyone across every platform. And yes you can even choose a thumbnail as your static profile photo when your video is not playing.
Using 7 Second Video as your Facebook Profile Photo
So in case you are interested in applying a video as your Facebook profile photo then follow the below steps.
- Make sure to make a 7 seconds long video, yes this is the limit so lets go with it, either make a new one or you can trim any old video to 7 seconds.
- Now in your iOS Facebook app, you need to navigate to your Facebook profile and then you should be able to see a video and photo icon under your profile picture to choose from.
- So click on your profile picture and it will show you different options, choose upload video clip.
- Choose your 7 second clip and now it will ask you to choose a frame from your video to choose as a static profile picture when video is not playing like to show one everywhere on Facebook, like in comments and newsfeed.
- Now your video will start uploading, wait and let it upload, then you should be able to see your video live as your Facebook profile picture.
Above video demonstrates how you can actually upload video on Facebook as your profile picture, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you really liked it do like, share and comment to support this blog.