Many people are still using a 3G based phone and they have not switched to a 4G enabled phone. Now if you are reading this post then its obvious that you are curious to give Reliance 4G VoLTE SIM a try and check its speeds and calling connectivity. Well let me remind the tutorial we are providing will help you to activate Reliance JIO 4G SIM in your 3G based normal phone or smartphone but you still won’t get those high internet speeds as it requires a 4g device, but yeah calling could be made free that’s the best part right.
So lets explore how you can use Reliance JIO 4G SIM in your 3G phone to activate those Unlimited Free Calls and still a speedy internet.
Enable your 3G Phone to use Reliance JIO 4G VoLTE SIM for Unlimited Calling
There are 3 different modes in which this trick is going to work and we are going to show you all three, so whatever works for you try that out but these tricks will involve a little tech stuff so beware.
#1. For Devices using MediaTek Chipset Processor
If your 3G based phone uses a Chipset Processor by MediaTek then follow these steps to enable Reliance JIO 4G SIM. You can find that by using a simple and free app from the PlayStore, lets check that out.
- Download and Install CPU-Z Application from the PlayStore this will help you in checking what processor your phone is using.
- Now wait as it fetches all the information about your device including the processor your device is using.
- Now if you are using Mediatek Processor then a logo like above would be displayed. Then its time to process further.
- Its time to go TECH Based, now you need to install MKT Engineering Mode Application that will help you to enable Reliance JIO 4G LTE SIM to work on 3G Phones.
- This application help you to run advanced setup from the Engineering Mode Setup option.
Rememberuse the menu carefully, its can harm your device if used without knowledge, so follow steps properly else if you are afraid, just stop processing further, we won’t be responsible for any damage.
- After you open this application, click on “MTK Settings” option and then select Network Selecting/Preferred Network Option.
- Now you can select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as your preferred network and Save your settings and turn off your device.
- Insert Reliance JIO SIM in the SIM 1 Slot, in case you have a dual phone and then Switch it back on.
Now you will get Reliance JIO Signals, enjoy using Reliance JIO SIM on your 3G based phone, make unlimited voice calls and try accessing the internet you won’t get 4G speeds but still it will work.
#2. For Devices using Qualcomm Chipset Processor
If your device is Qualcomm Chipset Processor then you need to follow below steps to enable Reliance JIO 4G SIM on your 3G phone.
- Install Shortcut Master Lite Application from the PlayStore, its free and install instantly.
- Fireup the application and you will see 3 dots on top, click those dots and then got to Menu and search for “Service Menu” Or ”Engineering Mode”
- Now select System App option to make a deep search.
- Access and change the LTE Bands over there, if you don’t find Service Menu but found the Engineering Mode, then check below.
- Open Engineering Mode and select Change LTE Bands.
#3. For Moto G based Series Phones
If you have a Moto G based series, then below steps would be helpful for you in getting Reliance 4G LTE SIM working on 3G Smartphone.
- On your phone dial
- You will see a popup page, click on Phone Information.
- Scroll down and see Set Preferred Network Type and choose LTE/GSM option to enable the Reliance LTE SIM.
- Then Switch your device off, insert Reliance 4G LTE SIM in slot 1 and then turn the phone on again.
- You will see Networks from Reliance 4G SIM, just try calling your friends and even using the internet.
Here we go we have solved your biggest query trending right now in the market on how you can use Reliance JIO 4G LTE SIM on your 3G based Smartphone, I hope these tricks work for you.