Increasing internet speed by 20% may seem to be something useless but think if you are a premium broadband user and your speeds are upto like 20 to 30 mbps well yes you are just going to boost it by overall 20% so right now you are using like 80% and now with this trick it will become full 100% well + in addition you can even use TCP optimizer tool so some more boost up.
Also check out - Fix Windows 7 Slow Internet and Download Speed ?
Well we are just going to use 20% reserved bandwidth that windows comes by default, take reserve this limit for their internal processes so we are just going to get back out 20% internet speed from them by following steps mentioned below.
- Press Start and Open Run you can even press
Windows+ Rto open it directly.
- Now type down
gpedit.mscand press enter.
- Now navigate to Administrative Templates > Network > Qos Packet Scheduler.
- Now on the right hand side click on
Limit Reservable bandwidth
- Now double click on it and it will say "Not Configured" just tick the Disabled Option and press on Apply and then OK.
- Now just restart your system and experience a boost in your internet speed.